Since 2005, Ralph Giess and his wife Alexandra have been managing ship operations. Both are licensed mariners.
With Switzerland joining the Schengen Agreement in 2008 and with the permission of the Swiss Federal Office of Transport, we are permitted to dock in the Swiss municipality Bottighofen as well.
1982 untill today
Our passenger ship "Möwe" was built in 1982 at the Lux shipyard in Mondorf on the Rhine. It has a length of 19.50 meters and a width of 5.10 meters. It is designed for 100 passengers. There are 55 seats on the lower deck and 75 seats on the sun deck.
In winter 2001/2002, the ship received a new, more eco-friendly, and quieter 6-cylinder turbo diesel engine by Deutz. The engine produces182 kW. A Ruder-Schottel propeller allows excellent maneuvering of the ship. In 2006, the generator was replaced by an encapsulated and high-performance Hatz diesel engine.
1975 to 1982
Pretty soon, this ship was too small and was followed by the "Bodan" and then the "Wallhausen," which Wilfried Giess took on in 1975. The ship was sold to a customer in Israel in 1982.
1950 to 1975
Back in 1950, company founder Pius Giess began taking tourists around Lake Constance with the modified trawler "Alma." The cruises usually departed from Ueberlingen.